JTA Academic All Stars
The purpose of Academic All Stars is to promote academic awareness in our athletes while building a sense of team pride. The goal is for all athletes to feel a sense of pride that they too can achieve academic success while achieving athletic success.
• 3rd – 7th grades will be participating
• 3rd and 4th grades will have a team award only
• 5th – 7th grades will have a team award and individual straight A recognition
• Must have 100% participation for team award
• GPA’s will be calculated from core courses only
• Grades will not be weighted
• Only select “boxes” will be used from 3rd and 4th grade report cards
1. Each head coach will receive a packet with envelopes to hand out to their team members.
2. Report cards are to be sealed in the envelope and then turned back in to the head coach.
3. After the head coach has sealed envelopes from all participating athletes, packets will be given to All Stars rep.
4. GPA’s will be calculated by a 3rd party. This group will be made up of ORU Track and Field athletes that are involved in Oral Roberts University outreach programs.
5. Coach Trimble has agreed to sign each award, and if time allows he will be present during the presentation.
6. Winning teams and straight A award winners will line up on the Jenks High School football field and their names will be announced before a high school game.
7. Awards will not be handed to the athletes directly. The packets will be given to the respective head coaches for distribution at their discretion.
8. ORU Track and Field athletes will be present during the awards presentation to organize players and teams and to give them direction.